Having read blogs for awhile I've come across the Liebster Award A LOT!
What's the Liebster Award I hear you all say? Basically, it's an award that helps new or smaller bloggers get a bit of recognition for what they do. I've had the pleasure of being nominated for one of these awards myself by the fabulously fierce Jessica @ LunaBreaux. Having had my blog for less than a month, I'm flattered!
All you have to do is nominate new/smaller blogs you love and then ask them 11 questions - so you're getting a bit of a Q&A! Here are the questions I've been asked:
1. What was your main reason/inspiration for starting your blog?
I've been reading blogs for years and have always had the idea in the back of my head to start one myself. Being a huge lover of fashion and beauty it seemed like the perfect space to reflect on the things I love and to document the more interesting aspects of my life! The New Year seemed like the perfect time to start.
2. What do you think makes an outfit stand out or look great?
Accessories - In my eyes it's as simple as that. I'm a huge advocate of the idea that accessories can really elevate an outfit. From a hat to a stack of rings, you can't go wrong. Also, a bright or bold lip always vamps up what would be a boring outfit!
3. What are your 3 main staples in your wardrobe?
At the minute...
My black embossed jumper from Zara: It can be dressed up or made casual, perfect for Irish weather too.
A pair of high heeled ankle boots: whether that's my Jeffrey Campbell's or my new navy suede boots from RI.
Leather look trousers: surprisingly comfortable and can transform any outfit.
4. Favourite fashion magazine?
Cliche... but Vogue - confession, I still pick up copies of Teen Vogue, I think it's great for picking out key trends and the styling in it's fashion spreads are on point!
5. Least favourite item of clothing and why?
That I own? A horrible plaid shirt that I bought too many years ago with a stunning tuxedo ruffle down the front. I don't know why it's still in my possession.
6. Favourite piece of clothing and why?
SUCH A DIFFICULT QUESTION! It's a toss up between my blue and purple floral printed draw string pants from Sandro (I understand they don't sound too appealing without seeing them) and my blue floor length skirt from Pinko featuring 2 thigh high slits - so dope.
7. Favourite perfume?
At the minute Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle - I alternate between it, Elie Saab and Chloe.
8. Any beauty secrets?
Simple, but always remove your make up before bed. It's a life saver for your skin!
9. Tea or Coffee?
10. Favourite high-street shop?
11. Are you a hoarder with clothes?
I'm terrible! I do force myself to sort through my clothes at least once a year and give away / donate what I know I won't wear anymore!
My questions for you:
1. What is your must have accessory?
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
3. Who is your favourite blogger at the moment?
4. Flats or heels?
5. Who is your style crush?
6. What is your go to outfit?
7. Do you speak a language other than your native language fluently?
8. One trend you're lusting over currently?
9. How would you describe your style?
10. Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
11. Why did you start your blog?
Not a typical blog post from me, but hopefully you've got to know me a little better!