You know that saying 'Paris is always a good idea'? Well it is. It's one of those cities that sets a certain spark alight inside me, from the architecture, to the history, to the fashion. Paris always inspires me to do bigger and better things and I just can't stay away from it.
That being said, I'm sure you can guess why a 'travel essentials' post is popping up on the blog today! I'm making a start on the travel section of my 2015 goals by hopping across the water to the French capital for the weekend. As we speak, I'm trying to wrap up a weeks worth of work as I'm leaving in the wee small hours of tomorrow morning so I'm doing some forward planning and starting to pack my carry on bag.
I don't think you can ever be too prepared when traveling - it makes life so much easier. Hopefully you can pick up a few ideas for what to take with you on your next trip!
1. BOOTS & A SCARF: A great pair of slip on boots are always a plus when it comes to traveling. Every time I go to the airport I always get asked to take my shoes off no matter what I'm wearing so it helps to have something easy to get on and off. I also never leave for the airport without a big blanket scarf. Planes can get chilly very quickly so I always use my scarf as a blanket. It's also frickin' freezing in Paris at this time of year, so it helps to be wrapped up when you get off the plane!
2. IPHONE, IPAD & EARPHONES: Always great for in flight entertainment on short flights. Pop your earphones in and jam out to some music or catch up on some work on your iPad.
3. SUNGLASSES: I never travel without a pair of sunglasses. Depending on the time of your flight, you won't always have time to... or want to put on makeup. Sometimes hiding behind a great pair of glasses is the perfect option.
4. SKINCARE / HAIRCARE: Flights can make your skin and your hair look horrific. I usually end up breaking out / looking like I've been dragged through a bush when I get off the plane (being slightly dramatic here). To avoid this, I like to use face wipes (Simple are my favourite) to take off any makeup I have on. I also like to apply some moisturiser & lip balm to keep my skin super hydrated. I never go anywhere without a hairbrush, hair ties & some miniature shampoo & conditioner (hotel shampoo & conditioner is a nightmare). Having some perfume on hand to freshen up is also a plus.
5. WATER: Again, flights can be so dehydrating. I like to down as many bottles of the stuff as I can.
6. WATCH & PASSPORT: Because you don't want to be late for your flight... and you want to be able to get on the plane when you get to the gate!
7. MINNIE MOUSE EARS: ... optional. Haha.
What do you like to carry with you on flights?
Have I missed out anything important?
Let me know in the comments!
Follow Me Fellas & Felines!